Yes folks, another post with avocados. They were on sale for $1 each when I decided to make the avocado fries, so I picked up another one with the hope of making some sort of salad with it. I’m trying to eat healthier, which translates to eating more vegetables. It’s kind of difficult because I’m not the biggest salad fan, as you could probably tell because I’ve only posted about them once, and it wasn’t as “healthy” as it could have been.
….I may have put chocolate in the dressing.
And then I put bacon in this one. So you can see where I’m struggling with this whole “eat better” thing. But even though they’re not the healthiest salad choices, there are still vegetables in them. Plus it’s just much more fun to eat a salad when you have nice fatty treats hidden inside, like bacon and avocado. It’s like a treasure hunt!
Bacon Avocado Salad with Bacon Dripping Dressing
- 1 Avocado cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 Slices Uncured Apple-Smoked Bacon
- 1 Tomato cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 Cucumber peeled and sliced
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and grill, flipping every few minutes, until they are nice and crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and reserve the drippings inside the pan. Break the bacon into roughly 2-inch squares and set them aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cucumbers, tomatoes and cilantro. Then gently stir in the bacon and avocado, taking care not to crush the avocado chunks as they are very soft. Drizzle the drippings from the pan over the salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.