I have a confession to make. I love cinnamon rolls, but I am not a huge fan of standard dough-making. Bread is fun because you can put nuts and seeds in it, and cakes and brownies and cookies are great because there’s all sorts of flavorings that you can throw in. Pastry dough, to me, is less fun. The flavoring comes from the ingredients you stuff inside/around the dough, not so much the dough itself.
Disaronno Mini Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Stick of Butter softened
- 2 Sheets Pillsbury Puff Pastry Sheets thawed
- 2/3 Cup Plus 4 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 Cup Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips
- 1 Teaspoon Disaronno Liqueur
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl mash the butter, Disaronno, 4 tablespoons of the brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon with a fork until thoroughly combined. Grease the insides of a 12-holed muffin pan and place a teaspoon of the butter mixture at the bottom of each individual muffin cylinder. Set the pan aside. In a medium sized bowl mix the remaining brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well blended. Set aside.
- Lay the first pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture evenly over the pastry sheet, then sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cinnamon chips evenly over the pastry sheet. Now roll up the pastry sheet like a jelly roll. Then slice it vertically into six different rolls and place each roll into a cupcake cylinder with the spiral facing up. Push down gently and turn the roll right and left to spread the butter up into the spiral slightly. Repeat this step with the second pastry sheet. Now the muffin pan should have all of the 12 spaces filled with cinnamon rolls. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. You also may want to place the cupcake pan inside of a casserole pan, because the butter mixture may boil over and spill onto the bottom of the oven otherwise.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes, then remove each roll from the pan using tongs and flip it over so that the syrupy bottom is now the top of the roll. Set them on a decorative plate and serve immediately. If you have leftovers, microwave them for about 20 seconds to make they warm and gooey again before you eat them. Enjoy!