It’s been getting very cozy and Christmas-y around these parts—I’ve decked the mantel with garland, baked lots of cookies, drank a solid amount of eggnog, and have had a giant pot of soup on the stove every night for at *least* the past 5 days. Yep, it’s officially the holidays! And you know what that means…finding and sharing gifts with your favorite people. I consider myself to be a pretty good gift-giver, but there are certain people I struggle with buying gifts for since they tend to be the type that just buys something for themselves if they really want it…so they have pretty much everything they want. In this case, I need to be the person that finds them something they want before they *realize* they want it, which I’m getting better and better at each year (you’re welcome, Dad.) So if you’re looking for a little gift inspiration to get ahead-of-the-curve for those who already have all the things they think they want, I’m here to help! I’ve put together an awesome list of fun and unique gifts from different makers across the world, and I hope it inspires you to shop small this holiday season. I also have a list of non-profits below that are doing really incredible work, so make sure to check them out. If you like giving physical gifts that can be opened, you can always pair a small donation made in someone’s name along with a physical gift, and that way your recipient feels rewarded in both a physical and emotional sense. Everybody wins! 😀
- Care – This global non-profit focuses on stopping violence against women by empowering women and girls, educating communities, providing healthcare, and giving women tools to start their own business and regain control of their lives financially and emotionally.
- Planned Parenthood – The #1 provider of reproductive cancer screenings, PP makes regular check-ups affordable for those who otherwise would not be able to see a physician. The best way to beat cancer, especially in cases of breast cancer, is early detection, which PP makes available to everyone regardless of their economic standing.
- UNIDOS – An incredible non-profit providing disaster relief for Puerto Rico.
- Battered Women’s Justice Project – BWJP advocates for the adoption of policies and practices within criminal justice agencies that remove barriers to safety and justice for DV victims and their families.
- Families for Freedom – They provide legal assistance to and fight on the behalf of families facing deportation, working to keep them together in their new home.
- The Humane Society – Providing rescue, rehabilitation, and rehousing services for animals across the US.
The Outdoor Enthusiast
- Mountain Pass Rio Hiking Boots from Danner
- Waxed Canvas Gardening Apron from Heirloomed
- Tajika Flower Shears from Analogue Life
- Gardening Tool Kit from Barebones Living
- Set of Three Recycled Wooden Spools w/Thread
The Cookbook Collector
- Dishing Up the Dirt by Andrea Bemis
- Lomelino’s Pies by Linda Lomelino
- Kale & Caramel by Lily Diamond
- Six Seasons by Josh McFadden
- Naturally Nourished by Sarah Britton
- Vegetarian Heartland by Shelly Westerhausen
- Naturally Vegetarian by Valentina Solfrini
- Adventures in Chicken by Eva Kosmas Flores
- The Cottage Kitchen by Marte Marie Fosberg
The Stylish Friend
- Yui Linen Skirt from Fog Linen
- Naturally Dyed Cotton Tassel Scarf from Nåde Studio
- Wide Brim Pinch Panama Hat from Clyde
- Waffle Cotton Robe from Parachute
- The Fold Leather Bag from Open Habit
- Crescent Ceramic Holiday Ornament from M Quan
- Bath & Meditate Incense Set from Incausa
- Blue Tansy Mask + Lapis Facial Oil from Herbivore Botanicals
- Glow + Beam Highlighters + Dream Weaver Mist from Fat and the Moon
- Incense Hut from Forged + Found
- Cannabis Candle from PF Candle Co
- Heather Gray Linen Throw from Parachute
- Iron Tabletop Dustpan from Analogue Life
- Shuro Brush from Niwaki
- Naturally Dyed Muslin Table Runner from Nåde Studio
- Linen Tablecloth from Parachute
The Cook + Entertainer
- Handmade Ceramic Pitcher from Annie Hanks Ceramics
- Cast Iron Pan from Finex USA
- Salt Cellar from Sawyer Ceramics
- Set of Tan Linen Napkins from Parachute
- Tajika Herb Shears from Analogue Life
- Tumbler from Wolf Ceramics
- Coltellerie Berti Paring Knife from Quitokeeto
- Handmade Ceramic Dessert Plate from Carron Paris