- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- Serves: 6
- 5 avocados, pitted and cut in half with skins removed
- 1 lime, cut in half and juiced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon, broken into small pieces (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Using a molcajete (mortar and pestle) or a large mixing bowl and a potato-masher, crush the avocados until they're slightly mashed but still very chunky. Add the lime juice and continue mashing until your desired texture is reached (i.e. if you like it chunky, mash until it's combined but still chunky).
- Add the tomato, onion, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, bacon (optional), and a pinch of salt and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt as needed.
- To store, transfer the guacamole to an airtight container and place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the guacamole, pressing it down so it touches the surface of the guac. Put the lid on the container and keep refrigerated.