I’ve been catching up on a lot of household chores this weekend, and our new place only has an AC unit in the living room so I’ve reallllly been feeling the heat wave we’ve had in Southern California. To combat this, I decided to make a wine cooler beverage that my Hawaiian friend had made a few years back. It’s just perfect for hot weather: fruity, cool, sparkling, and with that nice citrus kick. I was able to use the glass straws I’d gotten from Glass Dharma in the drinks too, so incredibly beautiful! They add a really fun and elegant touch to the drinks when you serve them, plus they’re reusable so it’s good for the environment. They come in a bunch of different styles and sizes, I’m super excited to make boba tea again sometime soon so I can use the big glass boba straw! And to make it even better, the nice people over at Glass Dharma have volunteered to give away a $25 gift certificate to a lucky reader! To enter, please leave a comment on this post about your favorite beverage. For extra entries, you can:
– Follow me on Twitter and leave a separate comment on this post saying you did.
– Like Adventures in Cooking on Facebook and leave a separate comment on this post saying
– Follow me on Pinterest and leave a separate comment on this post saying you did.
If you already do any of those things, just leave a comment on this
post saying you do. The deadline for entries is 11:59 pm PST April
28th, the winner will be announced April 29th.
Also, last week I had a giveaway for some artwork from The Victory Garden of Tomorrow and some gardening seeds, and the winner of the gardening giveaway is…..
Hawaiian Wine Coolers with Frozen Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Pineapple Per Intended Serving
- Equal Parts of the Following:
- Orange Juice
- Sparkling Lemonade or Sprite with a squeeze of lemon juice
- Chilled Red Wine I used Syrah
- First, place the pineapple slices in the freezer on a plate lined with parchment paper and remove them 2 hours later once they're frozen. Remove the pineapple from the parchment paper and line each glass with the pineapple slices.
- Then pour in the sparkling lemonade, orange juice, and wine. Place a decorative straw in the glass and serve.